We tried a new recipe for Beef Stroganoff over the past few weeks and I’m in love! The twist on the normal Beef Stroganoff recipe makes this so flavorful and creamy. We hope you enjoy the recipe as much as us, our kid’s loved the creamy texture and didn’t complain a bit for this meal! We love trying new recipes and this was no exception. Make sure to buy your ingredients fresh, because they tasted great with fresh mushrooms!
- 4 1-inch-thick beef braising steaks (about 2 lb)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons canola oil divided
- 1 8-oz package sliced white mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth or stock
- 1/2 cup French onion dip
- Slice steak thinly. Toss with salt and flour. Preheat 2 tablespoons oil in stockpot and add steak (in batches). Cook 1–2 minutes on each side, until browned, then remove from pot. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and mushrooms; cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; add broth and simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in dip and steak. Serve over pasta.
If You use grill:
- Preheat grill. Combine in mixing bowl: 4 (1-inch-thick) braising steaks (2 lb), 1 teaspoon seasoned salt, 3 tablespoons each balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce; marinate 30 minutes. Grill 3–4 minutes, on each side. Reduce heat and cook indirectly 12–15 minutes. Rest 5 minutes, then slice thinly.
Instructions for Slow Cooker:
- Add to slow cooker: 4 (1-inch-thick) braising steaks (2 lb), 1 tablespoon Complete seasoning, 1 lb sliced peppers and onions, and 1 (12-oz) beer. Cook 3–4 hours on HIGH until tender.